you will be seeing a lot of unique creations
04/25/2018 2:00:59 AM
User
I played TERA quite a bit in its launch (back when it was known as TERA Online), also I would not say I stop -- I kind of just slowly drifted away over time and sometimes returned to it for the past six years or so. That's a very long time in contemporary MMO decades (many projects would have shuttered by now even with a free-to-play model), but Bluehole has been hacking away with updates, various combat tweaks, and today, a complete culmination of the battle system that's perfectly appropriate to a control. For the most part, the DualShock/Xbox remote's face buttons and ancillary keys have been connected to customizable abilities, with the capability to call upon extra menus using L1/LB. This includes concessions for things such as linking dodge abilities to B/Circle, which mesh well with telegraphed enemy attacks (now a staple in MMO combat) to allow for skillful footwork even in fundamental overworld bouts. Arcadey elements such as health motes also actively promote string killing instead of waiting for lesser means of health recovery. TERA tries to sway you from the exhaustion of grinding by minding those moment-to-moment sequences of brawling. Among TERA's best aspects (beyond its own battle) is its own art style. It's anime-tinted, and all of its races and denizens look like something you've possibly seen before in some shape or form, but mostly unique to the world of TERA. Even in some of the more out-there MMOs you won't find more than just one or two radically different race layouts for player characters, but TERA includes an adequate variety of humanoids, elves, rock guys, and tiny pandas. When you're walking round the world, chances are you will be seeing a lot of unique creations. https://www.mmoak.com/Tera-Gold.html
I played TERA quite a bit in its launch (back when it was known as TERA Online), also I would not say I stop -- I kind of just slowly drifted away over time and sometimes returned to it for the past six years or so.

That's a very long time in contemporary MMO decades (many projects would have shuttered by now even with a free-to-play model), but Bluehole has been hacking away with updates, various combat tweaks, and today, a complete culmination of the battle system that's perfectly appropriate to a control. For the most part, the DualShock/Xbox remote's face buttons and ancillary keys have been connected to customizable abilities, with the capability to call upon extra menus using L1/LB.

This includes concessions for things such as linking dodge abilities to B/Circle, which mesh well with telegraphed enemy attacks (now a staple in MMO combat) to allow for skillful footwork even in fundamental overworld bouts. Arcadey elements such as health motes also actively promote string killing instead of waiting for lesser means of health recovery. TERA tries to sway you from the exhaustion of grinding by minding those moment-to-moment sequences of brawling.

Among TERA's best aspects (beyond its own battle) is its own art style. It's anime-tinted, and all of its races and denizens look like something you've possibly seen before in some shape or form, but mostly unique to the world of TERA. Even in some of the more out-there MMOs you won't find more than just one or two radically different race layouts for player characters, but TERA includes an adequate variety of humanoids, elves, rock guys, and tiny pandas. When you're walking round the world, chances are you will be seeing a lot of unique creations. https://www.mmoak.com/Tera-Gold.html

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.